Anaphylaxis can be accompanied by symptoms that develop rapidly within minutes, or over a period of hours.
When you come into contact with an allergen, treatment should be given immediately if any of the below symptoms occur.
Only a few of the following symptoms may be present, however some can be LIFE-THREATENING.
- Itching of the skin
- Raised rash (like a nettle rash)
- Swelling of the lips, throat, tongue, hands and feet
- Wheezing, hoarseness, shortness of breath
- Nausea, vomiting and stomach cramps
- In some cases, loss of consciousness
If you experience any or all of these symptoms, it is time to use Jext®. Call 999 in the UK, or 112 in Ireland, ask for an ambulance and say ‘anaphylaxis’. Always use your medicine as you were instructed by your doctor.
It is important to remember that the pattern of symptoms you experience may be different from previous reactions.
Download the free Jext® app, available for iPhone and Android, for:
- Voice-guided instructions for use
- Symptoms of anaphylaxis
- Demonstration videos
- Free Expiry Alert Reminder Service